· Repeal all Orderly Termination Laws
· Require school districts to adopt employee management policies
· Replace “tenure” with “at will” status
o 5 year contracts for educators
o Dues process to terminate educators within the 5 years
o Non-renew any educator without cause at the end of 5 years
o Career teachers can “opt out” for 10 years, but would not be eligible for performance pay
· Establish salary range based on market demand
o Subject, experience, location, difficulty
· Each district must establish a performance pay model
o Minimum of 5% of pay tied to student performance
For more information, visit http://aaronosmond.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=7 and click on Public Education Employment Reform Act Proposal.
A meeting with Senator Osmond and Superintendent Shumway has been scheduled to discuss these issues. The meeting is Tuesday, November 8 at 7:00 at the Granite District Office, 2500 S. State Street. I would encourage all who are concerned about the above items and their impact on public education to attend and wear a JEA t-shirt, button, etc. if you have one. I will be there and hope all JEA members can sit together.