Amber Barron, a student at South Hills Middle, presented about the MESA Program she started there through help from a JEF Special Grant. You can read more about Amber at Utah Mama.
JEF is hosting their annual fundraising breakfast on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at the Gathering Place at Gardner Village. The breakfast is free; however, attendees are asked to donate to JEF. If you know a business owner or community leader who should be invited, please contact me.
Superintendent Newbold discussed the 2020 Vision of the Governor's Education Excellence Commission. "By 2020 and thereafter, at least 66% of Utahns ages 25 to 64 will ahve a postsecondary degree or certificate, ensurinag a well-educated workforce that meets the needs of Utah employers leading to great economic prosperity and a better quality of life." The strategic imperatives to reach that vision are:
- Bolster early childhood education
- Improve instructional quality and curricular alignments
- Strengthen postsecondary education
- align educational attainment and vocational training with economic development
- Utilize technology to effectively and efficiently accomplish strategic imperatives